With years of valuable experience and a finely-tuned methodology, Hackcraft Red Team is highly capable of delivering exceptional Adversary Simulation services (Red Teaming).
By conducting an Adversary Simulation exercise, Hackcraft helps your organization gain valuable insights into its real-world security posture, identify weaknesses and gaps that may be exploited by attackers, and implement effective countermeasures to enhance its overall resilience against cyber threats. Our services provide actionable recommendations for improving your organization’s security practices, reducing the risk of data breaches and other security incidents, and maintaining a strong security posture in an ever-evolving threat landscape.
Cyber Red Teaming
An Assume Breach Assessment is a security assessment approach that starts from the premise that an attacker has already gained a foothold in an organization's IT infrastructure. The primary objective of this assessment is to evaluate the organization's ability to detect, respond to, and remediate a security incident, as well as to identify and mitigate potential attack paths that could be exploited by an attacker to gain access to sensitive systems and data. Hackcraft's Assume Breach Assessment services help your organization improve its incident response capabilities, strengthen its security posture, and enhance its resilience against cyber threats.
Our Assume Breach Assessment services adhere to industry-standard methodologies and include, at a minimum, the following activities:
Planning and Scoping:
- Collaborating with your organization to define the objectives, scope, and rules of engagement for the Assume Breach Assessment
- Establishing the initial compromise scenario, which serves as the starting point for the assessment
Initial Compromise Simulation:
- Simulating the initial compromise, such as a phishing attack, to gain a foothold in your organization's IT infrastructure
- Establishing a covert presence in the environment while avoiding detection by security controls and monitoring systems
Lateral Movement and Privilege Escalation:
- Performing post-compromise activities, such as lateral movement within the network, privilege escalation, and credential theft, to identify potential attack paths and weaknesses in your organization's security measures
- Assessing the organization's ability to detect and respond to these activities, as well as the effectiveness of its security controls in limiting an attacker's access and movement
Data Exfiltration and Persistence:
- Simulating data exfiltration activities to evaluate your organization's ability to detect and prevent the unauthorized transfer of sensitive information
- Establishing persistence mechanisms that enable an attacker to maintain access to compromised systems and resources, and assessing the organization's ability to identify and remediate these mechanisms
Incident Detection and Response Evaluation:
- Analyzing the organization's incident detection, response, and threat hunting capabilities in the context of the simulated breach scenario
- Identifying gaps and weaknesses in the organization's security monitoring, incident response processes, and threat intelligence capabilities
Reporting and Remediation Guidance:
- Delivering a comprehensive Assume Breach Assessment report that includes detailed findings, lessons learned, and recommendations for improving your organization's incident response capabilities and overall security posture
- Collaborating with your organization to develop and implement remediation plans for addressing identified gaps and weaknesses in its security posture